its soon going to be 12 MONTHS away from home next week and people tell me its a really long time to be away from home...but it doesnt feel like a long time to me....i spose i have been kept so busy travelling and doing what i do that there isnt much time to dwell on what im missing back home...but thats not to say that i dont miss it, especially with all the foreigners rolling back into town...they sound soo funny to me!
i miss fish and chips, salt and vinegar, vegemite, vogels toast, cameo cremes and tim tams. I miss nz music, wellington night life and decent wine. I never thought id say it but i miss shortland street, mcleods daughters and all the other crappy australasian tv. I miss summer, the beach, hot sunshine and swimming in the sea. I miss winter when all you need is a sweater to go outside. I miss knowing where to go for the best this or the funkiest that, having a favourite place to eat where your known by the staff. I miss that thing that is hard to put your finger on but makes us kiwi. But most of all i miss every one of you.
Back to Main Blog